PDA

View Full Version : Banks Turbo Air filter

chevytuff
09-10-2011, 21:11
Has anyone found an application that uses the Triangle style air filter that banks uses in its Airboxes for the 6.2 turbo kits in the OBS trucks?

Its probably a custom job banks had made and I figure I am heading down a dead end street with this one but figured I would throw it out there.

I am full tilt into putting a hybrid turbo setup in my 85 and while I have a filter that came with the box it has seen its better days and is deformed and wont seal in the housing. I could run a cone filter off the turbo (HX35W) but am probably going to be fighting IAT's as it is with the boost that this turbo is putting out. I like the banks box because it is sealed and draws from the grill area and it is one less thing that I would have to fab up. I would preferrably run a paper element as I am not to keen on the oiled cotton gauze filters. I know that banks still offers replacements or at least as of last year they did but they are proud of them. Would be great to find another application that uses this style and source locally.

DmaxMaverick
09-10-2011, 23:15
Ask an Amsoil distributor. I'll bet they have one that'll fit. We have a couple distributors on board, found HERE (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm).

Robyn
09-11-2011, 06:51
I would drop a call to Gale Banks engineering and just order a new filter.

Banks still offers the Turbo Kits for the OBS trucks and surely has a filter element available for sale.

I just checked their web page and did not see a break down on all the little stuff but, the kits are still shown.

Good luck

Missy