PDA

View Full Version : 6.5l crate engine (50k miles) - what's it worth?

Quack_Addict
09-26-2011, 11:54
I have a 6.5l crate engine that I purchased with ~30k miles on it, and I put about 15k more onto it before I parted the `87 Suburban out that I had it in (planned to restore body but had a couple kids, wife wanted the rusty clunker gone). Prior to me getting the engine, it was in a light delivery truck, in my hands it pushed the Suburban down the road and occasionally pulled an 18' boat, so it's had an easy life.

The engine is a naturally aspirated 6.5l, GM Goodwrench crate engine, never had a turbo on it, absolutely nothing wrong with it, pretty clean engine overall. Any idea what it's worth? I plan to list it in the next couple days but haven't been in the market with the older GM Diesel stuff in a while and I don't want to take a bath on it, or look like a fool for asking a ridiculous amount.

Selling it as a complete engine from oil pan to intake, heads, exhaust manifolds, fuel pumps (the pump on it + extra Stanadyne pump off the old engine in the Sub), etc. Internet research I did a few months back on the block casting number showed it to be a sought after block but I don't remember the number offhand... I've never had the valve covers off so not sure what the head casting numbers are.

I looked on Feebay and similar engines are going for $1800 to over $3k... any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

arin1212
01-07-2012, 21:55
Where are ya located?