PDA

View Full Version : Swapping IP electronic to mechanical

brherrmann
10-02-2011, 10:42
A couple of questions to those in the know:
I am swapping a DS4 IP with a rebuilt DB2 4911 - do I need to replace the injector lines or can I change the adapters from the DS4 pump to the DB2?
I do have a set of injector lines from a DB2, however the #1 injector line is about 1" shorter than the rest - at the pump end - as if there was a different adapter at the IP for that cylinder. Does anyone know why this line is different? These lines came from a parts engine I bought from a local wrecker - it did not come with an injector pump.
I also have a 6.2 parts engine with DB2 IP and lines. Can I "tweak" these lines with a pipe bender so they fit the 6.5 heads?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

DmaxMaverick
10-02-2011, 11:03
You should replace the lines with the correct series. You could tweak them, but that leads to failure down the road. Pressure cycling and time hardens them, and they don't take kindly to bending. The lines need to match the pump, injector length and injector angle. Lines of different length will interfere with injector timing.

The adapters on the pump aren't the problem. The port header is different on the pumps, and they aren't interchangeable.

JohnC
10-02-2011, 11:43
The #1 line is shorter because there is supposed to be an adapter between it and the pump for a timing device.

"Tweaked" lines generally leak.

spdgofast
10-29-2011, 20:25
When I did my conversion I just went to my local Chevy dealer and gave hime a VIN for a 1993 6.5 K2500 with a DB2 and bought all 8 lines and it worked perfect.

spdgofast
10-29-2011, 20:36
So which hx 35 are you running? I plan on installing one to, just curious what size wheels and exhaust housing your running. Would appreciate any tips on the retrofit,would love some pics of down pipe and air filter! Never know, doesn't hurt to ask! If you havn't installed your cable cruise yet I'll tell you how I did mine, it was easy and works just like the DS4 did.