PDA

View Full Version : lite throttle, BIG miss

DKeen
09-10-2004, 11:40
I am sure we have discussed this topic before but here goes the symptoms.

8,000 miles ago replaced and relocted the FSD to fender well.

About a month ago I started to get a miss when I had lite throttle pressed (around 1800-2000 rpm).
Truck stutters bad, but does not do it all the time. No symptoms when I am heavy on the trottle. Good excuse to keep it there! But when I let off the pedal, the miss starts.

This started about a month ago while I was cruising on the interstate with the cruise control on. Truck kicked out of cruise and has been doing this ever since. I keep it filled above 1/4 tank and usually try to put some type of additive in.

What do you guy's think-
FSD AGAIN
IP going AGAIN- only about 15000 on it.
Bad connection somewhere?

Just looking for a little guidance- thanks, Doug

JohnC
09-11-2004, 10:42
Does it have EGR?

DKeen
09-13-2004, 08:06
No egr. F code HD engine. It is almost like it stuttering because it is running out of fuel. Driving me nuts. NO SES.

Huntgfish
09-14-2004, 20:58
Mine is hesitating big time, when I get between 50 to 65 mph, the ses light comes on and off with just a flinch of the accelerater at these speeds, when I brought it by the shop to check the codes, it came up 111 which after I referenced it, said no known code. Thought maybe the Turbo master was adjusted to high, but that was not the problem.

"Driving me nuts!" is an understatement. Especially, since I just had the injectors changed with Heath's HOs, turbo master, max e torc, and the vacum pump pulled off along with new glow plugs.

It feels like having a woman around that will not quit nagging! HELP!!

rjwest
09-15-2004, 14:18
My first attempt at moving FSD was to fenderwell
(on top by brake controller )
With a fan. FSD lasted about 2 months.
I learned that this is a very hot area, probably worse than leaving it on the pump.

Moved FSD cooler to under dash cooled by A/C air.
No Problems with new FSD.

Did reinstall Failed FSD, It failed within a week or two. But the Fail was not intermitent running,
it would quite completly, than re start.

Did have bad Inj Pump with " Slightly rough
running engine at low rpm ( just after TCC lock up) This condition develpoed into a " Quite
or buck " condition untill pump replaced.