PDA

View Full Version : Parts and First Day Running of my 84 6.2L

MichDiesel6.2
10-28-2011, 14:17
Hello all. :)

First off let me say thanks for my inspiration after reading several long posts that have been on here for some time now.That and I'm a Chevy,gmc truck a haulick.

Here is some back ground to my project that I have.
1984 GMC Two tone Apple Red over White 1/2 ton long box 3.42 Gears with 6.2L 700r 65k actual miles.New Injection pump 3 years ago:rolleyes:.
It has been setting for about 18 months but has been started and let idle to running temp 190-200 then shut off maybe a few revs but nothing much. Here are the parts I have just replaced this past month. New true dual`s from manifold back (From Napa Auto) with Flow master 40`s, New Flywheel, rear seal and lastly oil change 15w40 Rotila.
Problem: After running till warm I take it down the block and it shutters on akceleration.But don't shutter when at speed like 35. Step on the pedal and shutter`s . No white or black smoke out either side of pipes. I'm leaning towards TV cable but don't know much about the tuning of this thing. I've only driven it 4 miles maybe since all the work I'm scared of burning up tranny.

Steve in Michigan.