PDA

View Full Version : Adding to "Fleet"

16gaSxS
11-02-2011, 10:48
The 16gaSxS has again added too the "Fleet" the latest addition just happens to be a Brother to More Power's 2011 6.5L Turbo Diesel Project
Déjà Vu blazer. http://www.montanaautochaser.com/files/21168.jpg

A 1994 6.5 Blazer. 192,000miles, 4inch Exhaust, Heath PMD Issolator, Turbo Master 265-75-16 tires, 3 inch body lift. Runs great, more changes too come. Appears to have OEM E-PROM.

arveetek
11-08-2011, 11:51
Congrats on your new purchase!

I love my '95 two door. It's by far been my most favorite vehicle I've owned to date. It's been extremely reliable as well. Over 200K and haven't had to do much of anything at all.

I get a lot of comments from folks who discover that my Tahoe is a diesel. I've never even seen another diesel Tahoe in person. They are out there, but still pretty rare.

Casey

16gaSxS
11-29-2011, 10:53
So got this critter ( it needs a name) changed fluids and filter, found a fourth tire. It came with 3 real good studded tires that are out of production found a close match at a local tire shop after an extensive hunt. We've installed new back window lift struts, New Heath S&B intake system, New Max E Tork chip,gauges.

We did a timed Quarter mile with stock chip. 24.8 seconds
after Max E Tork chip same Quarter mile. 21.3 seconds!!!

Starting base line Hiway MPG's 18.4MPG
Now Hiway MPG's 20.1MPG
Both with Winter #2 fuel

The Heath S&B Intake system is sweet!!! The Blazer had one of those Cone Filter from SS Diesel that pulled heated air from under the hood. The Heath S&B system replaces the stock filter box and housing that was gone. The filter is an cleanable oiled cloth type. The filter is remove by taking out some screws in the top cover of the housing. The top is clear so you may inspect the filter without opening the housing. This a vast improvement of access than factory OEM filter. Bill Heath claims some decent increases flow & cleaning. Seems good and did I say I love the access and the high quality and looks of the new housing.
I plan on dropping the 3 inch body lift to either One inch of lift or stock height.
Vaccum pump is coming off.

I'll up date as makes sense.

WATCH OUT MONTANA MARTY HAS A NEW SET OF WHEELS!!!!:D:D:D

16gaSxS
05-25-2012, 15:03
Checked and gearing on the Blazer is 3.73 which I just had switched out too 3.42!!!!