PDA

View Full Version : Injector return fuel line

woodwright
11-06-2011, 22:00
I pulled my 6.2 to swap out some gaskets, freeze plugs and hoses. The only 1/8" fuel line I can find is the clear lawn and garden variety. Will that be OK?

DmaxMaverick
11-06-2011, 22:37
No. That won't work (for long, anyway).

A complete return line kit from Kennedy (or perhaps other TDP vendors) is $25. The kit is an injector service kit and includes all the lines, end plugs, injector coppers and air cleaner gasket, IIRC. If you want only the hose, contact him. I don't know if he sells it separately, but might.

CedarGrove
11-07-2011, 11:19
I pulled my 6.2 to swap out some gaskets, freeze plugs and hoses. The only 1/8" fuel line I can find is the clear lawn and garden variety. Will that be OK?

I think I would look up a diesel shop in the phone book and give them a visit. I expect that they would have a spool of it and could sell you what you need + the clips if required with the particular type of hose that they use.

rustyk
11-07-2011, 20:33
Most NAPA stores stock it, as a kit of precut hoses and clamps.

Robyn
11-07-2011, 20:53
You can find it on ebay.
Here is an auction number 270659537940 at ebay

This is the stuff I got, its made in Germany and is a Push Lock type hose. Very good stuff

The stuff you want has a fabric cover and does not require clamps, except the rubber stoppers on the back end two nipples.

I bought some for the DaHoooley engine and it was great stuff.

Good price too