PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Brake, Which One?

DIESEL/VETTE
11-12-2011, 10:32
I Have Decided To Install An Exhaust Brake On My 03. From Your Experience Which One?

Thank You

DmaxMaverick
11-12-2011, 10:35
BD or Banks. I don't have one, but know a few folks who do. They seem to work equally well. Flip a coin.

bigchev
11-16-2011, 14:03
BD or Banks. I don't have one, but know a few folks who do. They seem to work equally well. Flip a coin.

I have had a BD on my "03 Duramax for 5yrs and over 30,0000 miles. It has never skipped a beat and works great!

More Power
11-18-2011, 11:52
I Have Decided To Install An Exhaust Brake On My 03. From Your Experience Which One?

Thank You

What size/weight trailer do you tow? For most, the truck and the Allison grade-braking work for most grades when towing up to the GCVWR. There are grades though (like near Cook City Montana coming out of Yellowstone) that can tax the best braking system when towing heavy. An exhaust brake can make the run down the mountain much safer and save the brakes for another day.

Jim

DIESEL/VETTE
01-31-2012, 10:04
After much reading and comparing i went with the banks brake, installed it my self with there excellent instructions. And it works great, very happy.