PDA

View Full Version : OEM part numbers

BorJansson
11-14-2011, 02:02
Hi.

I just bought a 1994 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado and are looking for a spare parts catalog for the engine or even better - for the whole car.
Is there some place out there where I can find it ??

Regards
BorJan

DennisG01
11-17-2011, 08:49
Maybe something like All Data? But, I believe that requires a subscription.

Robyn
11-20-2011, 09:39
GM went to an all computer based parts system back several years.

Getting an actual PAPER parts book is likely not going to happen.

As mentioned, an "ALL DATA" subscription is your best bet.

The part numbers change periodically (superseeded) and with the paper books every dealer would have to be issued updates and such.

The computer based system can be updated quickly and does not require any costly changes system wide.

If you get a subscription to all data, you might be able to print out such important info as you deam necessary.

Back many years ago, I used to own a 40 foot GM coach (Bus) that I had converted to motor home duty, the parts books for that beast were a pile of paper about 2 feet high in bound books.

Sadly, when I would go to order something, there was more than likely going to be a part number change.

Check out All data and see what it costs to use the service.

Just a note here.

We have tried to post many of the hard to find part numbers for the 6.2/6.5 engines in the tech forum.

Many times there are little items that can be tough to find, and that many parts jockeys just dont want to research to find the numbers.

GM has a fairly good system, but little things like oil pump drive retainers, dowel pins and other little goodies are hard to find on the views shown in the parts breakdowns.

Many small, seldom used items have been eliminated fom the available parts lists and have been sold off to third part parts vendors.

Here is a great place to get many replacement items that you can't get any longer from Ma General http://www.lmctruck.com/

Missy