PDA

View Full Version : How much should i sell my engine for?

willibig
11-15-2011, 12:28
Hello everyone, I need advice on how much i should expect to get for my engine. The engine is a 99 block built by Peninsular Diesel with low compression pistons, marine IP, 300 hp turbo mounted horizontally on the on the exhaust manifold, high flow injectors and it came with a high flow water pump and i have since i bought it added a higher flowing pump but i don't remember which. The engine runs good, has somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000 miles on it, smokes a little on start up but i think that is because I don't have any cold start advance set up on the truck. Any ideas would be great, i look on the ebay but I've never seen anything that compares, the engine cost me over $8000 new back in 2001-02.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you

john8662
11-16-2011, 08:06
Are you just parting our your suburban?

Why not sell the vehicle/engine as a combination?

willibig
11-17-2011, 07:58
I tried selling the whole truck but didn't get much interest, the body of the truck is pretty rough (mostly rust) i admit, also it had a bad transmission rebuild so now the 3rd/reverse clutch in the th400 is burnt which means it goes like stink in first and second but i can only drive at about 20mph. Even without knowing about the transmission people didn't show a lot of interest. Also it has a full 1 ton axle set which is worth between $1000-1500. If it were a bone stock Burb, i wouldn't expect to get much more than $1200-1500 if that.

P.S. i've not rebuilt the transmission because of lack of time and i need money more than a second truck.

trbankii
11-17-2011, 09:27
Where are you located?

Vin82k3500
11-20-2011, 20:34
what turbo set up are you running do you have pics of the engine

willibig
11-24-2011, 10:41
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Truck is located in Florida (USA). Turbo set up is what came from Peninsular, Garrett "special" has a bigger compressor than the Banks i used to have looks more like the compressor housing from an older Cummins with a large open non waistgated turbine housing the most boost i've ever seen was near 20psi without an intercooler so i turned down the fuel ;). Exhaust manifold is from a 6.5 T truck that the guys at Peninsular cut below the flange and fabricated a new outlet so it was 90 degrees from stock. Now inlet to turbo sits over the front of the valve cover facing the drivers side, exhaust runs out the wheel well via a 3" stainless tube. I have pictures but I don't have the ability to post any right now.