PDA

View Full Version : LLY Injector #2 and #7 Service Bulletin

6.6Turbo
11-21-2011, 18:32
In 2007 my truck lost power through a SES light and code P0207. There was a service Bull 050604047B. The fix was a wiring harness upgrade for the #2 and #7 injector, but while still under warranty, the dealer simply replace the injector clip, although they stated in the service record the failed part # 98017958 was put on which is the wiring harness, which includes 90 degree connectors.

Well, on my annual trip last week from Kansas City to Michigan, the truck lost power and left me stranded in the middle of nowwhere (la cross, WI) Went to the dealer there and it through code p0202 (#2 injector). the mechanic never saw this problem before and I had the KC dealer fax the service record to them on the same problem i had. They diconnected the injector connector, then reconnected it, told me nothing about a Service Bulletin and said they didn't know what the problem was. After reconnecting the #2 injector test drove and sent me on my way after charging me $170. 30 miles later, problem happened again, and 8 more times on my way back to KC. I finally zip tied the #2 injector connector to the negative bracket and got me home. Engine vibration caused this to lose connection and goes into limp mode.

I opened a case with customer service, if the deal would have replaced the harness in the first place, this never would have happened. Going back to KC dealer tomorrow.

Anyone experience this or have any input/advice? It is not under warranty any more.

More Power
11-30-2011, 17:41
If the harness was reportedly changed due to the bulletin, but wasn't, I'd lean on them pretty hard to make it right - on their dime. Unless I'm interpreting this incorrectly...

Jim

6.6Turbo
12-01-2011, 13:48
They first claimed the bad part (the harness) has changed over time to include new mounting equipment, etc. (and that was the reason it wasn't put on the #2 injector). the TSB in 07 when I took it in included both the #2 and #7 injector. It looks like I may get my money back, but its a long process.