PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

JeepSJ
12-13-2011, 01:22
Hi all! Been a while. Nice to see lots of familiar names still on here. I've still got the deiselwag. I put about 60K miles on it. Still not quite done but it served as my daily driver for a few years. It has been sitting with a bad injection pump for the past year. No time to work on it...divorce sucks up more time that you have available for stuff.

Anyway, that is all behind me now and I'm ready to get back into it. After the pump replacement, a few open projects I have are a dual battery setup (ran all those miles on a single Optima Red), install a D-Max air box and eliminate the open filter under the hood, and finally get A/C installed. Lockup in the converter started acting up also, so I'm probably destined for a new converter.

Oh, I'm also looking at swapping in a different turbo. That MHI TE06H was OK but I was never satisfied with the EGT/boost levels. Don't get me wrong, the thing could give me 15+lbs, but I had to spin the engine to 2500prm to get it there. It just always seemed to lag at lower rpms no matter what I tried. So maybe a HX35? I'm just starting to research that but it seems like there are a number of different housings and wheels available for that which should allow for some great flexibility in the setup.

Mark

HH
12-15-2011, 20:04
Glad to have ya back! We can compare diesel Jeeps. Got about 1000 miles on mine now.

JeepSJ
12-19-2011, 13:54
Hey! I remember your GC build. Nice to hear that you got it running. Any issues with cooling and that little radiator?

HH
12-20-2011, 08:51
So far so good as related to the cooling system, I do think that if I were to pull a large load then there may be cooling issues.

I am having some problems with air in the fuel lines, I think. Every once in a while it will die after starting and then be hard to restart. Only seems to happen when it is cold. I am going to go around and tighten all the lines and see if that cures it.

farmerson
12-20-2011, 21:14
A buddy of mine has a 95 6.5 with an hx35 and he loves it. sounds awesome too.