PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Housing Question?

scot5146
12-19-2011, 20:48
:confused:Hey Y'all

I have been putting off a large amonut of engine work and modifications on my 99 k2500 Suburban for a few months. But now its time to do all the fixing I have been preping for...

So I am getting ready to do some new injectors, intercooler, lift pump, etc... but before I do that I want to remove and clean or rebuild the fuel filter housing assembly because last time I changed the filter it was full of sediment at the bottom of the cylinder.

Is there a kit to rebuild all the seals and screen at the bottom or do I just buy a new one?

Any Delco Part Numbers etc...?

Thanks for any advice

Mike

Firefighter
Vancouver/ WA

DennisG01
12-20-2011, 05:26
Not sure about the housing parts, but the screen is a Stanadyne part (I'll assume the housing is, also?). The screen part number is 29244.

scot5146
12-21-2011, 12:10
Not sure about the housing parts, but the screen is a Stanadyne part (I'll assume the housing is, also?). The screen part number is 29244.

What about the O-rings, do you know if there is a part number for those as well?

thanks again

mike

More Power
12-21-2011, 12:37
Peninsular Diesel (www.peninsularengine.com (http://www.peninsularengine.com)) used to have a supply of new take-off 6.5 filter assemblies, and would sell them for not a lot. They developed a supply because of the engines they re-equipped for marine use. The factory fuel filter assys aren't used in a marine app.

Jim

DennisG01
12-21-2011, 16:33
No, I don't know about the o-rings. But, if you have them in hand, you might see if a local auto parts store like NAPA can match them. I've bought o-rings through them before and they seem to have a good selection.

scot5146
12-22-2011, 13:48
Peninsular Diesel (www.peninsularengine.com (http://www.peninsularengine.com)) used to have a supply of new take-off 6.5 filter assemblies, and would sell them for not a lot. They developed a supply because of the engines they re-equipped for marine use. The factory fuel filter assys aren't used in a marine app.

Jim

Well after looking around I decided to buy a new one from Peninsular Diesel, cheaper than the parts seperate...

Thanks for all the help

Mike

Firefighter
Vancouver, WA