PDA

View Full Version : diesel rx

Kansas_Diesel
12-19-2011, 21:12
does anyone know anything about diesel rx and their glow plugs and other parts are they any good or not
also is ss diesel supply a good source for parts

Kansas_Diesel
12-20-2011, 17:19
is this something already discussed in another thread and i just missed it

JohnC
12-20-2011, 18:48
We tend to support those who help make this forum possible. Click on the "Advertiser's Section" button above.

You can use the "Search" feature to see what, if anything, has been said about the two you mentioned.

Kansas_Diesel
12-20-2011, 20:21
I understand that but it is not what I was asking. I was asking if anybody had any experience with Diesel RX glow plugs and other equipment and whether or not they were a good product (sold by summit racing along with the ac60g plugs)not whether or not they were a supported company. I thought that this site was about providing information on quality products, maintenance info and troubleshooting support regardless of brand name or source as long as it was reliable and of quality.

I did do a search on both and on SS Diesel Supply I got a half and half of opinions and I will take all that into consideration. I was just wondering if any body had any info on whether or not they use good products and what there business is like not just that they liked them or didn't like them. As for the glow plugs I did search for them and couldn't find anything hence the reason I asked.

DmaxMaverick
12-20-2011, 20:55
John is right, but not because it's any type of policy or requirement. Quality is quality, and true quality will almost always equal value. Our supporters are top-notch, and are held to a much higher standard than anything you'll find elsewhere. We don't let just anyone advertise here. Shop elsewhere with uncertainty, or go with the tried and true. We'll help you find the lowest price, if that's what you want, but with certain reservations (built on our REAL experience--all of us are GM Diesel gear-heads, many with decades of experience).

That said, I am not familiar with Diesel RX. That doesn't mean it isn't a good product, only that it is not what has been proven to be such. If you dive in and spend your money on that, please respond here with your results. We owe no favors to anyone, and pride ourselves on the most unbiased reviews of any. If you find a good product we are not aware of, please share your experience. If it is worthy of a real review, we'll make sure the rest of the world knows about it.

Kansas_Diesel
12-20-2011, 22:08
I know the quality and the knowledge that is contained in this site which is why I said what I did. I am well aware of the quality and reliability of the companies in the advertiser's section it just seemed I was getting a "Don't worry about them this is all we support". That is probably not what he meant but it should be more clear. I was asking because I am planning on buying them to try out and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them and if not I would absolutely post my findings on here so everyone would know. BTW-It appears that they are the same company as AirDog.

Thank you both for your responses.

JohnC
12-21-2011, 19:16
is this something already discussed in another thread and i just missed it

I think you misunderstood my response. I was trying to tell you how to determine if you had "missed it", and supply a possible explanation as to why you didn't get a lot of responses. I did not say, nor did I intend to imply "Don't worry about them this is all we support". Sorry if I wasn't clear. Like DMM said, if you find something good we don't know about, let us know. We won't bury a good product just because no one is advertising it here.

Kansas_Diesel
12-21-2011, 19:43
I apologize for the misunderstanding and am thankful for you trying to help and look forward to future deliberations.

phantom309
12-21-2011, 22:12
SS is not my favourite :mad:

Nick

Kennedy
12-27-2011, 16:39
I did do a search on both and on SS Diesel Supply I got a half and half of opinions and I will take all that into consideration. I was just wondering if any body had any info on whether or not they use good products and what there business is like not just that they liked them or didn't like them. As for the glow plugs I did search for them and couldn't find anything hence the reason I asked.

Try that search on Kennedy Diesel once and see what you come up with. Should be all good except for the "army of one" making allegations that are too preposterous and paranoid for anyone with any amount of common sense to believe.

Kansas_Diesel
12-27-2011, 21:46
There is no doubt in my mind about the quality of your parts and service, I was just curious about them and what reasons people had not to like them that is all.

DmaxMaverick
12-27-2011, 22:00
Some people can't/won't be pleased until you tell them what they want to hear, or sell them what they want to buy, be it the truth or not. Add to that, we can't be right every time, and according to the odds, someone will be the recipient of misinformation (or a bad sale). Consider the volume and context, and a reasonable person can accept the result. Service after the sale (or advice) is more valuable than any bargain.

Kansas_Diesel
12-28-2011, 19:45
Some people can't/won't be pleased until you tell them what they want to hear, or sell them what they want to buy, be it the truth or not.

What I want to hear and what would please me is to get some sort of useful information good or bad on SS Diesel Supply such as why you like or dislike them and what caused this like or dislike. Opinion with no actual fact supporting it is useless. The information I got on Diesel RX was fine you had never heard of them. I can except that.

Add to that, we can't be right every time, and according to the odds, someone will be the recipient of misinformation (or a bad sale). Consider the volume and context, and a reasonable person can accept the result. Service after the sale (or advice) is more valuable than any bargain.

This part doesn't even make sense to this conversation since there has been no information to be right or wrong about. Apparently you think that because I keep asking the question I for some reason want you to tell me that their parts and service are good so I can buy from them. Obviously you don't get it. I keep asking the question because it hasn't been answered yet. To tell you the truth it is kind of sad that a simple question turned into so much bickering.

JohnC
12-28-2011, 19:55
If I like someone I will tell you so. If I don't like them or don't have a reason to recommend them I will keep my mouth shut. Just because I don't like someone doesn't necessarily mean I dislike them.

DmaxMaverick
12-28-2011, 20:19
No bickering here. I didn't mean you, specifically, when I said "some people can't/won't be pleased". I was referring to the negative comments you referred to regarding Kennedy. Negative comments regarding his service are few and far between, and completely contrary from everything I've personally heard, and experienced. I buy his products and value his service. He won't tell you what you want to hear for the purpose of making a sale. That's been proved here, again and again. I have done business with Walt (SS Diesel) and know several who have. While I wouldn't consider his service and resources bad, they are not at the level of Kennedy. Get them both on the phone and decide for yourself.

We can be open and objective. I've been doing this a long time, and have no experience with Diesel RX, nor do I know anyone who has. I haven't and won't discredit them on that point alone. I suggest caution with any unknown.

Kansas_Diesel
12-28-2011, 20:23
If I don't like them or don't have a reason to recommend them I will keep my mouth shut.

That seems a little counter-productive to the reason this site exists. I don't understand why its so hard to give your opinion and back it up with an actual experience good or bad.

Just because I don't like someone doesn't necessarily mean I dislike them.

This doesn't actually make any sense. don't like= dislike

Kansas_Diesel
12-28-2011, 20:44
I was referring to the negative comments you referred to regarding Kennedy. Negative comments regarding his service are few and far between, and completely contrary from everything I've personally heard, and experienced. I buy his products and value his service. He won't tell you what you want to hear for the purpose of making a sale. That's been proved here, again and again.

I never made or referred to any negative comments about Kennedy, ever, that would have been foolish. I would like you to quote me where I said something negative about him. He made a reference to a some negative information about him that I myself have never seen and he also said it was ridiculous.

I have done business with Walt (SS Diesel) and know several who have. While I wouldn't consider his service and resources bad, they are not at the level of Kennedy. Get them both on the phone and decide for yourself.

Now that is the kind of information I was looking for Thank You.

I've been doing this a long time, and have no experience with Diesel RX, nor do I know anyone who has. I haven't and won't discredit them on that point alone. I suggest caution with any unknown.

That would be because from what I understand they are a relatively new company and I didn't have a problem with the fact that you had never heard of them.

DmaxMaverick
12-28-2011, 20:55
There is no doubt in my mind about the quality of your parts and service, I was just curious about them and what reasons people had not to like them that is all.

Were you not referring to Kennedy? If not, It isn't clear here. My reply was in response to this statement.

Kansas_Diesel
12-28-2011, 21:05
There is no doubt in my mind about the quality of your parts and service,

Its pretty much self explanatory, he sells great stuff and has excellent service.

I was just curious about them and what reasons people had not to like them that is all.

I was referring to SS Diesel Supply. He made a comment about comparing the number of likes and dislikes about him to the number of theirs.

DmaxMaverick
12-28-2011, 21:21
OK. I think I've answered your questions, then. I think you'll find a majority here who will agree with me. If you're interested in Diesel RX, please give them a try, and share your experience with us. Good or bad, we won't censor it.

Kansas_Diesel
12-28-2011, 21:32
I plan on putting the glow plugs in this weekend. After I install them I will post how/if they improve starting(hope they do because it doesn't really like starting in the cold) After they have been in for awhile I will post if they continue to provide good quick starts or not.

If they don't work I will be giving Kennedy a call for a replacement set.

DaveNY
12-28-2011, 21:42
OK. I think I've answered your questions, then. I think you'll find a majority here who will agree with me. If you're interested in Diesel RX, please give them a try, and share your experience with us. Good or bad, we won't censor it.

Always a Good Idea To Send Out a Scout!!!!

Kansas_Diesel
06-15-2012, 06:13
Sorry I haven't posted a result with the glow plugs they took longer to get in(another week) and then before I could install them someone turned in front of me while I was doing 55 and both rigs got totaled so I never got to install them and had no more truck so I returned them. I am finally getting another diesel so when I need glow plugs I will use them and post results.

Burning Oil
06-30-2012, 20:51
I know this thread is dead, but Im digging it up.

What brand were the DieselRx GP's? I don't sell any GP's but would recomend Bosch Duratherm's
I've had Wellmans before and they swelled up to the point they could not be removed, I then started making this tool to remove them http://www.pmdcable.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13

Kansas_Diesel
06-30-2012, 22:19
The brand is diesel rx and they are the same company as airdog. until i wanted to try out the diesel rx plugs I was interested in the duratherms and might buy them next time. Thanks for your recommendation.

Burning Oil
06-30-2012, 23:29
I dought dieselRx makes them. Is it just the box they come in thats labled? Look at the body of the GP, it should be stapmed with manufactures name & part #.

Kansas_Diesel
07-02-2012, 15:55
I returned them didn't need them anymore since I had no truck.