PDA

View Full Version : Reman vs. new injectors

hogbody
12-22-2011, 11:31
I have been getting estimates for injector replacement on my 2003. There is a difference in quotes concerning new or reman. injectors.

Should I have new put in at a little more cost? Looking over the net there is a multitude of suppliers for reman.

Thanks, Larry

More Power
12-22-2011, 13:11
Buy from a reputable vendor - either an authorized Bosch vendor or a vendor who has been in the business a long time, and is well known here.

Do not buy from eBay or some other unknown.... ;)

Jim

Heartbeat Hauler
12-22-2011, 17:27
I wasn't aware that new injectors were available for the LB7 trucks, and are they of a newer design? I'm so confused.

Kennedy
12-23-2011, 09:29
I've seen these claims of new, but not certain the details. All I can say is that the only ones that we will sell or endorse are Genuine Bosch/GM remans. There is nobody else out there doing the reman process that I would trust and some I'd consider scammers.

Hound
12-23-2011, 14:02
I've seen these claims of new, but not certain the details. All I can say is that the only ones that we will sell or endorse are Genuine Bosch/GM remans. There is nobody else out there doing the reman process that I would trust and some I'd consider scammers.

I would agree. When Bosch/GM remans can be had for approximately 200.00 ea, there's no reason to be taking chances with some of these other suppliers.

NutNbutGMC
12-25-2011, 07:50
I have been getting estimates for injector replacement on my 2003. There is a difference in quotes concerning new or reman. injectors.

Should I have new put in at a little more cost? Looking over the net there is a multitude of suppliers for reman.

Thanks, Larry

A thread of interest

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=39669

hogbody
12-25-2011, 20:28
I saw that thread and have sent the poster a PM requesting more info. Thanks

Kennedy
01-04-2012, 08:05

Thanks, Larry

I have VERY reliable sources on these and both state that their inquiries for New units found as not available. While we may not always be the cheapest, I would hope that value added service knowledge should more than make up for the difference in price.