PDA

View Full Version : seized 6.5

maverick_935
01-05-2012, 19:09
Looking at a 94 6.5 1 ton with a supposed seized motor. What happens to the motor when an oil line breaks and the motor stops. Can it be fixed easily or is it scrap?

phantom309
01-06-2012, 00:24
short block is not easily fixed,.usually spins the main bearings and then weld themselves to the block and crank,.depends how hard it seized too as to other damage,.

plenty of motors around for sale cheap enough,.

Nick

Robyn
01-06-2012, 09:03
Pretty much a game over for that engine.
As mentioned, lots of stuff out there to scare up either a useable short block or some buildable stuff.

If the truck is nice otherwise it could be a great buy. :)

A dead engine is certainly a good bargaining chip on your side of the sale though.

Good luck and keep us posted

Missy

JeepSJ
01-09-2012, 22:41
Even if the block were salvageable, the internals would more than likely be totally destroyed and need replacing. If you want a good engine, find a high-mileage runner and rebuild it.

john8662
01-09-2012, 22:59
Plan on another engine, but still tear this one down. The mains spin last. I'm betting there is still some usefull stuff in the engine. If it doesn't have cracked mains, other stuff can be fixed, but not w/o a total rebuild.

J

DennisG01
01-10-2012, 16:27
What happens to the motor when an oil line breaks and the motor stops.

Welcome to the club... Although I am NOT "proud to be a member" of this club.

What happens? In my case, I hired Ron Schoolcraft to build me a bigger and badder 6.5!:)