PDA

View Full Version : Injector pump problems or not?????

MAX02
01-13-2012, 11:25
I recently bought a 02 D/A after being out of diesels for a while. Found a lot of good information here years ago when i had 6.5/6.2 trucks. It been 10 years since I have owned a diesel. Any way here is my problem below.

After driving it for a while and towing this truck was deemed week in my book. Took it in and the said the pump was bad. After replacement what a truck! OK the problem now is that at light throttle conditions (mainly cold will do it hot some times) after the trucks shifts into the next gear the truck will surge or jump a few RPMs or so. Happens so fat that the tach doesn't show it. You hear the diesel clatter for a few milliseconds and then it’s done. No check engine lights. Idles good feels good a WOT. No smoking issues other than normal stuff. Keep in mind the injection pump, fuel pressure regulator, filter only have about 300 miles on them now. The shop that did the work is at a loss. I think they want the light to come on to give them direction. There recommendation was to drive it and see it will work out??? Truck is all stock injectors all checked good. Sorry for the long post. Ask away with questions as this is a hard problem to describe thanks in advanced!

Kennedy
01-13-2012, 12:29
A few pieces of information missing:

1) Who did the work?

2) Who's pump and is it new or reman?

This does sound like it could be a pressure control issue which is why I ask.

MAX02
01-13-2012, 12:43
A few pieces of information missing:

1) Who did the work?
2) Who's pump and is it new or reman?

This does sound like it could be a pressure control issue which is why I ask.

Answer question #1 Diesel Shop here in town. Not dealer.

Answer question # 2 Said it was a Bosch reman. Mentioned that some of there remans are New.

Ask away with questions I would like to get this figured out If at all possible. Thanks

MAX02
01-14-2012, 07:33
Could this be that "shift flare" that I have been reading about?

MAX02
01-15-2012, 17:52
I Checked for leaks today by pressurizing the fuel tank with about 3psi and found no leaks. The problem still exists though.

JohnC
01-16-2012, 15:55
It is possible to have a leak under suction that doesn't show up under pressure. Something to consider...

MAX02
01-26-2012, 12:18
I have been driving for a while and still have this problem. While doing some reading I came across some information about the high pressure relief valve on the rail. Has anyone had experience with this causing issues? Could this be causing my issue?