PDA

View Full Version : NO Start ?

Davis
01-18-2012, 04:07
I have a 94 crew cab dually with approx 155,000 miles that the head gaskets blew on and so it has been sitting up now for a couple of months.Oil and filter have been changed and cooling sytem has been drained. Before it sat that long it still started fine.

I went out and charged the batteries and then was going to try to start it and all it would do was spin over and would not even attempt to start, or blow white smoke while spinning over .
So it is not getting fuel to the injectors.

I checked the optical sensor by unplugging it and made no change.

I checked the power supply to the shutoff solenoid and it is good.

I removed the shutoff solenoid and applied 12 volt to it and the plunger moved freely.Fuel was present in the pump.

The fuel pump is working properly and while it is running I opened the water in fuel drain valve and the bleeder valve and fuel ran out forcefully so the inline fuel pump is good.

I disconnected the injector lines and spun the engine over and there is no fuel at all coming out of the lines.

I have also tried a spare PMD.

Any suggestions on what else to check ?

Robyn
01-18-2012, 08:52
Check to make sure that the fuel shutoff solenoid on top of the IP (little round gizmo up front) is clicking when the key is turned on and off.

Also make sure that you have fuel to the IP from the lift pump.

Check these and let us know.

Missy

Yukon6.2
01-18-2012, 09:57
Hi
I just had a simmilar problem.My tow truck is in a heated garage,was getting harder to start,i was assuming an air leak,don't have any extra time to spend diagnosing problems at the moment.
A couple of weeks ago had a tow call,truck wouldn't start,went through checking a list of things like you did....no luck
Did a little thinking after all the things i checked and decided to change the ignition switch,put one in from the donar truck,tried it and away it went,took about 5 hrs from the time i got the call till i was backing out the door.
I decided to try the switch when i heard the shutoff solinoid clicking for no reason
Good Luck
Thomas

Davis
01-18-2012, 10:58
Check to make sure that the fuel shutoff solenoid on top of the IP (little round gizmo up front) is clicking when the key is turned on and off.

Also make sure that you have fuel to the IP from the lift pump.

Check these and let us know.

Missy

Thanks for the reply but my post shows that already.

Davis
01-18-2012, 11:00
Hi
I just had a simmilar problem.My tow truck is in a heated garage,was getting harder to start,i was assuming an air leak,don't have any extra time to spend diagnosing problems at the moment.
A couple of weeks ago had a tow call,truck wouldn't start,went through checking a list of things like you did....no luck
Did a little thinking after all the things i checked and decided to change the ignition switch,put one in from the donar truck,tried it and away it went,took about 5 hrs from the time i got the call till i was backing out the door.
I decided to try the switch when i heard the shutoff solinoid clicking for no reason
Good Luck
Thomas

I have checked for voltage at the fuel shutoff with the key on and while cranking and all is good. Just don`t know what it is .

JohnC
01-18-2012, 11:52
But maybe it's not working...

At the very least, check for a healthy "click" when you turn the key on. No click, no fuel!

Davis
01-24-2012, 16:33
I finally got back on problem solving the no start issue and found that a mouse had chewed through a wire under the IP in the main wire harness . Now if I decide to get a shop to repair the headgaskets then I will not have to worry about them trying to figure out that problem cause there is no telling what they might replace before finding that wire. Thanks for all the help.

DmaxMaverick
01-24-2012, 16:45
A similar thing happened on one of my vehicles a few years ago. Covered by my insurance. Rodent damage is an "act of nature". I had full coverage, so my vehicle insurance comp paid for it. Had it not, my home owner's insurance would have. This is why we pay for it (albeit, a small example). If you can get your insurance to pay up, it'll help with your overall cost. Get a quote for a complete harness replacement (dealership parts and labor, of course).

Davis
01-25-2012, 04:13
A similar thing happened on one of my vehicles a few years ago. Covered by my insurance. Rodent damage is an "act of nature". I had full coverage, so my vehicle insurance comp paid for it. Had it not, my home owner's insurance would have. This is why we pay for it (albeit, a small example). If you can get your insurance to pay up, it'll help with your overall cost. Get a quote for a complete harness replacement (dealership parts and labor, of course).

Thanks for the tip.I will look in to it.

JDThorns
02-05-2012, 13:17
I have a 96 ck 2500 6.5 TD all stock
installed new injectors, gloplugs, batteries, and PMD just last year
had it in shop for other problem 4 months ago.
got it back it ran fine, made 2 trips with it, the third trip i just filled the tank with fuel hit the key and it just cranked, had to have towed back home.
replaced with new PMD, oip pressure sensor, Fuel pump relay, can hear fuel pump when key is in the run positio and fuel comes out the filter when valve is open. still no start
ran great anyone have any ideas

BrIONwoshMunky
02-05-2012, 15:35
still no start

From an above post,

JohnC
02-06-2012, 09:31
still no start

From an above post,

If that doesn't solve your problem, start a new thread.