PDA

View Full Version : Power Issue...

scot5146
01-20-2012, 13:53
I posted this on the tail end of the last thread but its probably a new topic, anyway...

Power issue...
Ok-

Well i am not sure if I am being over sensitive or not but I think I have lost power since I have replaced the new injectors a few weeks ago...

For those of you that were helping me through some of my issues before in this whole fuel system fix, thank you! But I need some help again...

PROBLEM:

My rig does not seem to have the same punch as it did with the old injectors... I step on the pedal and everything runs and sounds fine but it seems to lag just slightly before it gets moving really well...

RECENT FIX's:

Few weeks ago, did...

new (Reman) Injectors
new fuel filter assembly and filter
new AC DELCO fuel lift pump...

also fixed a few sqeeks, leaks, and rattles... The truck is running great, fuel economy is 22 mpg (my best ever)

So now what? AM I missing something. drive train maybe, transmission maybe, or am I just being hypersensitive to new and different conditions?

Thanks for any advice/ Help:confused:

Mike

Firefighter
Vancouver/ WA

john8662
01-20-2012, 15:24
What are you driving? Year, model, config, etc. 22mpg is really good.

JohnC
01-20-2012, 15:50
Could be all it needs is timing. However, didn't you also mess with the turbocharger?

scot5146
01-23-2012, 09:21
john8662-

My rig is a 99 K2500 Suburban (I am getting 22 mpg when driving 55 mpg 1600 ish RPM's ) i also have a set of keys, and 2" lift blocks which allowed me to run 285/75/16 tires, the additional tire size lowered my RPR 200 at 55 mp/hr, which I know has helped my fuel economy...

JohnC-

No I didn't mess with the turbo, just took it off and cleaned it when I did the injectors... How would I get a little more timing out of my 99 Suburban?

I posted this on the thread about the rattle in my turbo, Robyn I think hit on the problem in that post...

Thanks

Mike

JohnC
01-23-2012, 13:30
No I didn't mess with the turbo, just took it off and cleaned it

OK Y'all

pulled the turbo off and took the sections apart

I'd call that messing with it...

Timing: Get a Tech II and perform "TDC Offset Learn." You want to adjust the pump to get something around -1.75.