PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Turbo Diesel Smoking

SeanGold007
01-23-2012, 07:38
:confused::confused:My friend has a 94 K2500 with a 6.5TD in it.I installed a military long block last November for him and it had been running fine until a couple of months ago.It started smoking pretty heavy.Went to his house and it had a couple of vacuum line cracked.Fixed those and then it was getting alot of white smoke and heavy fuel smell.Turned out to be two bad injectors replaced all injectors and put back together and now get some heavy black smoke like it is starving for air.Checked air pump and it has 12inches of vacuum pulled the air filter out of air box and it ran a little cleaner.Checked the turbo impellor and it turns free and no bad blades.However when running and accelerating I hear no turbo whine.Before I installed the new motor the truck set for three years with a bad motor in it.Could the turbo be going out or is there something else I am missing.I am really at a loss and I am trying to help my friend out but don't want to keep throwing money at it and not fixing the problem.:confused::confused::confused:

scot5146
01-23-2012, 09:44
I had a loss of power and some black smoke for 2 reasons, the vacuum pump was around 8 so I put on a new one and I am now getting 17 inches...

also I had a bad exhaust leak in the crossover pipe so my turbo was not spooling up hence the loss of power...

Also-
- Is the fuel clean
- Any check engine light/ codes

I would start there...

Mike