PDA

View Full Version : Traded in old for new(er)

lmholmes11
01-24-2012, 14:21
Hello all,

Well yesterday I traded in the 01' (after making some minor repairs) for a 07' LBZ with 60k miles, and i couldn't be happier. The previous owner took it in to the dealer very regularly for its "Recommended Maintenance". I plan to install a secondary fuel filter, change out both axles to make sure they both have fresh synthetic and eventually install roof marker lamps ( i dont know why but I just love them). Is there anything else anyone would do? Oil was changed at dealership along with the Alison spin on.

More Power
02-24-2012, 11:47
If you're buying from a dealer, have them give you a printout that lists all of the dealer visits and related service - routine or otherwise. Some of what might be included in the list could be helpful.

Good luck with your new truck!

Jim

lmholmes11
02-26-2012, 09:06
My local dealer I bought it from does free car fax reports and I printed that off and have it on file. The truck was taken in pretty much every 8-9k miles for services, maintenance schedules, etc so I was happy to see that. Overall very happy with the truck. Now I need to install a trailer brake controller and a few other things.

Mark Rinker
02-26-2012, 13:43
Congrats on your new purchase. I think you'll be happy with your LBZ.

I have an LBZ ECM for sale, if you are interested. JK sells a good tow/haul a$$ tune for the LBZ.

lmholmes11
02-26-2012, 15:04
I was thinking about a Kennedy tune moreso to improve economy. I'm only getting an average of 15 MPG, 12.5 towing (according to the DIC). How much for your ecm?

Mark Rinker
02-27-2012, 09:41
Private message to follow...