PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Re-Programming Calculator

argo
01-31-2012, 19:35
In the 6.5L Turbo Diesel Handbook (Volume 1) there are two articles on how to re-program the Vehicle Speed Sensor Buffer, which controls the speedometer and the speed signal reported to the PCM. I have been planning different scenarios with different gear ratios and tire sizes, so I took a few minutes to put the formula from the article (written by Jim Bigley) onto an Excel spreadsheet to simplify the process of determining the "Divide Ratio" that corresponds with the chart on page 53 of the book, which will help you determine the jumper configuration required for your particular combination. For convenience I also incorporated a P-metric tire diameter calculator. I would like to attach the Excel spreadsheet to share it but I can't because when I try, it says that it is an invalid file type. Can anyone help me share this file?

DmaxMaverick
01-31-2012, 20:49
Ask and you shall receive......

Email the file to me (to the addy in my sig). I'll upload it to the server and return the link to the file. Excel files are executable, so obviously not on the list of allowed files. We don't have anything against them, but you aren't the only one wanting to share your executable code.

argo
01-31-2012, 21:34
Email with attachment sent. Thanks for your help! I hope that it proves useful for people.