Barry Nave
01-30-2004, 14:04
Any one who has installed the Amsoil Dual Filtration System. :confused:
Has a ideal to help where to install. smile.gif
Go for it ;)
I'll take it all :D

LanduytG
01-30-2004, 16:12
Put it on the frame as far foward as you can. You will only have to use about 15" of hose. Of course to do this you need to make a bracket to get you over the torsion bars or we offer one.

Greg

Barry Nave
01-31-2004, 05:16
Greg
How about on two wheel drive.

LanduytG
01-31-2004, 05:56
Same thing because you still have the torsion bars.

Greg

Barry Nave
01-31-2004, 06:04
Bars :confused: I have coils up front.
Is you bracket on your web site?
I'll CK and order

TJ
01-31-2004, 09:20
I mounted my system back a little bit further and bolted it upright directly to the body. It would be located on the driver side approximately where your feet would be located in the extended cab. It's simple....all you gotta do is pull up the carpet and drill some holes and place bolts. Although it is nescessary to buy additional hose, I found this install much easier to install and service.

TJ
1998 6.5L General Engine Products engine
1985 6.5L Banks/PS2K charged

Barry Nave
01-31-2004, 09:51
TJ
Is yours a 2 or 4 wheel?
I'm wondering on the oil filter Adp. to block, if I should order the 90* elbows. My oil filter is horazonal un like a 4x4.

96GMC6.5TDSubOwner
01-31-2004, 12:19
Mounted my Amsoil Dual Remote under the passenger seat (driver's side)next to the frame. Drilled 3 holes in the floor & slid extra piece of metal underneath carpet for extra strength. Use the Amsoil SDF26 engine oil filter together with the Amsoil BE100 by-pass filter, just the right length, nothing hangs below the frame. Yes I had to purchase extra hose, but its very accessible & nothing is in the way.

MikeC
01-31-2004, 13:51
My dual bypass is under my feet when driving. Mounted it on long bolts that are down through the floor and used nuts to lock it in place (it stradles the fuel lines).

Didn't need to buy extra hose, had about 1' left over. My filters stick below the frame since I am now using the high volume Baldwin equivalent of the Amsoil main filter.

Mike

ps - there is a photo in my write up where the filters can be seen. mc

Uncle Wally
01-31-2004, 15:11
I was looking at mounting mine under the hood, opposite where the turbo sits. There's tons of room. I was thinking about doing the same with a different fuel filter too - possibly racor setup.

Bracket off the intake manifold bolts and to another on the side of the head. Possibly exhaust manifold bolt. Then use hard stainless tubing to plumb it all.

Design is still in the process. It will get more time once I get my trans back together and the majority of the truck assembled so it can be plumbed easier.

One thing though. I am planning on getting rid of that goofy 90 degree fitting that attaches to the block and the filter screws onto. Does anyone know of anyone that makes something of the sort?

Waldo

TJ
01-31-2004, 22:06
Bnave95,
My truck is a 4X4 and can be seen at:

http://home.bresnan.net/~tjmich99/Picture_003.jpg

TJ

rjwest
02-01-2004, 06:55
Left 4x4 adapter on,

Used 90 deg female adapters with 1 elbow extended from adapter with longer nipple than other.
allowed cleareance . Also had to round off 90deg
adapters for cleareance to allow installation.

Tried " fits all kit " had a smaller pipe thread than " Perma cool chev adapter" which has 1/2 " NPT
Smaller than that and you will loose oil pressure,
Approx 5 lbs .

Aaalso I used " barbed Hose attach fittings,
as I tried having Hoses made, even with 1/2
" The fittings restrict the oil flow.

Hose barbs have larger opening.....I maintain oil pressure equal to original pressure with this set up. I used NAPA heavy duty clamps with " spring loading" Its a band clamp with what looks like
a row of waashers under nut. Be sure to retighten
after a few miles.
I also added a " oil pressure sw and a light on dash. easy install , there are extra threaded holes on filter mount.
If I were to do it again I would call perma cool and order the larger dual filter bypass adapter
with 13/16 filter thread ( I got the 3/4 and have to use Fl1a style Filters ( Large ones from napa,
expensive ) Aaalso be sure to get filter adapter with 1/2" NPT Thread.....

I also bought some Aircraft style Hose and HEAT
insulation from Aero Quip ( they wrer very helpfull. ( they have hose shops in bigger cities.

Barry Nave
02-02-2004, 16:41
Thank's guys
mine is now on the pass. side. I just could not get the hose away from the X Ext. over to clear with out the 90* elbows. Just used what came with the kit. The hose runs under the oil pan to the out side of the Pass. frame, then I added a shield to guard the filters.
I did not like the filters on the drivers side close to the fuel lines. Though if I had more oil lines as others, I could have run it more to the rear of the cab. JK has gave me a tip plus an adapter to run B. filters. What's this? CaLL ;)