PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. ABS on 04 Silverado.

DickWells
02-22-2012, 11:03
Friend's Silverado (From Ontario), has an on-going problem, with ever-increasing expenses involved.
*Last Summer - 30-40 seconds with all dash indicators showing, before things cancelled out. Changed body control module to the tune of 800 bucks.
*Week later - "Service Brake System" on message board, with ABS light on, intermittently. No codes set.
*Back-yard tech said, "No communication with ABS system".
*Chevy dealer in Texas saw same indication. Changed EBCM for $900! Left parking lot, and light comes on again! Code C0121 scanned again for code BTC - C0201 (Poor ground at EBCM) Another $100.
*Now ------ the ABS and check brake control system lights are back on.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
I've looked at the connector at the master cylinder, which I understand is a common problem. Haven't dealt with anything inside, and my Healm manuals are all back in Vermont. So, we need to lean on TDP once more.:) Thanks,DW.

DADGLW
02-22-2012, 17:38
my ABS light has been on for almost 2 years.nobody can seen o find out why.

DickWells
03-05-2012, 13:49
Well! Been gone over a week, and no response, so I'll get it back up to the top for another go. Hasn't anyone else had a similar experience, and found a cure?
My guy has gone through all the grounds that he could find, and freshened them up while I was gone. Still has the ABS light on solid. The only reason he's not getting an audio alarm, is because his radio has been changed out. Or. This just occured to me; could the fact that the radio was changed indicate that some sort of re-flash needs to be done to cancel out that indicator? All this is leading me up to a question that I have about my own rig, but I'll post it in a separate thread.
Thanks, folks.

cowboywildbill
03-06-2012, 05:50
I had a friend with a similar problem and it turned out to be one of the abs wheel sensors. Make sure they are clean and not muddy or rusty. And check the connections just above the wheels if you haven't done so yet. Good luck.

WhiteTruck
03-12-2012, 20:06
I don't find a reference to the C0121 you mention, but the C0201 has 2 important places to check the ground integrity. One is below the drivers feet and is a 12 gage wire bolted to the frame at the body mount. The other is a 12 gage wire bolted to the front of the frame on the driver's side just behind the bumper.