PDA

View Full Version : occasional miss ?

DaveNY
02-29-2012, 20:19
Unusual miss when moderate acceleraton 6-7 lbs boost with light and heavy load.
It has occured after a rest not fully warmed up and is just a few time like 5-6 misses randomly spaced feel like i hit a grease spot on the road then totally disappears for days.
Happened once on startup and persisted a few seconds and again went away. Playing with the throttle had no effect.
Has only happened 4-5 times in last 2-3 weeks.
No water light and filter is fairly new 2000 mi.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, Like to solve it before It gets serious.

ToddMeister
03-01-2012, 08:26
Maybe the lift pump on the frame rail under the drivers door is beginning to fail or the relay that supplies power to the lift pump.

Might be running only intermittently.

JohnC
03-01-2012, 09:12
Yup, check the lift pump, and scan it for codes. Then, go through the stalling thread and check all that stuff...

Big Green
03-01-2012, 09:33
I had the same issue except mine was from the time the truck was new until I replaced the timing chain with the gear drive.

Never did it again.

Big Green

DaveNY
03-02-2012, 16:26
LIFT PUMP! Opened the valve today at fuel pumps in the yard, no fuel and conked out a few second later. Swapped out the relay with a known good one no change.
Primed the filter twice and got it running so I could move out of the mud puddle where I chose to park in to do the test.
Put voltmeter to plug on pump and got good voltage with key on and while running.
Order Pump today and will be in business Tue I hope.
Thanks for the replies, much help!
Dave