PDA

View Full Version : Help... DT18 & 35

ajpag
03-01-2012, 11:17
It's been a while since I've been here - job and life in general. Truck has been running perfect all these years. Faithful services, etc. Always fired right up. Recent stuff; new op switch with remote relay control and fluiddampner. Went out yesterday morning, ran normal glow cycle and no start. New batteries and all cables, so cranked it for one minute. You could tell it wanted to start. Waited thirty seconds, tried again, started after 45 seconds of cranking, but sounded terrible - like one cyl at a time coming up. Rough idle for 30 seconds then stabilized. Drove it out of the driveway - higher than normal idle (1000RPM versus 750), not as much power, slight miss, touchy throttle response. Warmed it up and brought it back home, still on high idle. checked for codes, flashes 18 and 35. Don't have a GM Scan tool to complete diagnosis, so help... Thinking optical sensor in pump. FYI, been using Redline Diesel 85 additive per bottle, for two months . Has new (1 year Grey PMD) on heatsink. Fuel mileage has been declining over the last five or six months but didn't correlate to any issues of any kind. Truck had tons of power. 156K miles. Almost forgot; 1995 6.5 suburban, has a later pump installed by dealer before I bought it - I'm the second owner. Any and all help appreciated. Hope I've given enough info, Anthony

I've been reviewing the shop manuals and see the possibility of a PCM failure. What other signs has anyone experienced? I had forgotten that on occassion, the truck would jump / surge while in reverse. it would only happen once and with no warning. Any ideas or has anyone experienced same or similar and found why? Thanks again.