PDA

View Full Version : LB7 Today wont start

allisd15
03-07-2012, 22:12
Drove my truck to work and back ran perfect started perfect to and from.
Next mourning turns over wont start Engine light is on after glow light goes out. Purchased code reader No Codes ?????????????????

DmaxMaverick
03-07-2012, 22:26
Try priming the fuel filter (half dollar size cylinder on top of the filter assy) until it's hard. Try again. If it starts, the filter is due for service and/or you have a significant fuel system air leak. It isn't cold enough, almost anywhere, for it to not start w/o glow plugs. If it seems to crank slow, it could be a battery problem. Low voltage will prevent a start, even if the engine cranks almost normal.

allisd15
03-07-2012, 22:34
I tried to prime and it was firm after a couple of tries. I also replaced fuel filter in the last month Truck is not a daily driver lately. Both batteries are green top Interstate Maybe 10 months I will check but it turns over well.
Thank you

DmaxMaverick
03-07-2012, 22:40
Try leaving the fuel filler cap loose overnight. If it's failed (not venting), the overnight temp change can create enough vacuum in the tank to prevent fuel flow. It isn't that uncommon.

allisd15
03-07-2012, 22:44
Thank you
I will do that right now and try tomorrow.

Kennedy
03-08-2012, 09:02
A little more info would be nice. Is it cold there?

More Power
03-21-2012, 12:41
Drove my truck to work and back ran perfect started perfect to and from.
Next mourning turns over wont start Engine light is on after glow light goes out. Purchased code reader No Codes ?????????????????

An aftermarket security system?

In addition, some of these trucks are getting old enough now that a faulty ignition switch could be a possibility - once the other usual suspects have been ruled out.

Jim

allisd15
03-21-2012, 21:41
Thanks for your help Had tow truck pick up my pick up. Mechanic says a short somewhere sending to glow plugs. Fires right up if he clears codes.So now looking for a short somewhere?????????

allisd15
03-24-2012, 15:21
Mechanic calls yesterday and says its ready come get it. Truck starts fine. He said he got it to start once he cleared the codes. But also said that he did not repair anything N/C So is this Problem Solved???? Sounds like it could happen again. Thank you for the help