PDA

View Full Version : 1993 6.5 with 5 speed... Clutch issues

NHebayer
03-20-2012, 02:29
Good Morning,
I got the new to me C3500 running after it sat for nearly 3 years. Runs excellent, Starts great, Sounds really healthy.

The Hydraulics on the clutch were not working. Prev owner said he replaced these parts alot... Never lasted more then 3 months. I replaced both Slave and master... Bled them out. Clutch works... but barely ... Requires alot more effort then it should... and barely releases.

I've read a little about the Clutch pivot & The Fork... Anybody have a part number on the Pivot?

I want to replace the clutch while its apart. How can I tell if its a Dual mass or Single mass.... With trans still in truck? I realize Dual is stock... But who knows if it still stock. :) Lots of things happen in 220,000 miles.

Currently my plan is to just replace the Plate & Disc.... along with the Pivot and Fork.

Thank you for any input.

a5150nut
03-20-2012, 04:39
Be very careful with ANY pressure moving the line from master to slave. My 94 has plastic on both ends and ANY pressure on the metal line ends up cracking one or the other, Not always right away. Can be a day or two later in heavy trafic 30 miles from home.

There should be a small roll pin that holds the line in. A tiny drift or as I used, a finish nail and a pair of chanel locks to ease the roll pin out.

Only way to tell for sure on the fly wheel is to seperate the motor and bell housing. You will know real quick what you have. Pivot and fork are a real nessesity. Bleading the slave can be a pain at times.

Vendors here on TDP are great or try here for parts http://www.drivetrain.com/ they also have help by phone. Even on weekends when you realy need it the most!