PDA

View Full Version : 1991 chevy 1 ton 6.2

blazerdude
03-31-2012, 15:33
hey everyone i'm a new guy i need some help i have a 91 1 ton chev 6.2 starts great cold but wont start warm.The other day it wouldn't start warm so i dumped a little prime in the intake and she fired right up! I continued to do this for the last week or so when needed and it worked great every time.Today i started the truck cold stalled it when backing up and it never started again. put 2 new batteries in it its winding over better than it ever did but no go any help would be muchly appreciated as i am lost without my old truck thanks!!!!

sctrailrider
04-06-2012, 18:14
Kinda sounds like it might be loosing it's prime when hot.

Mine did the same thing but it was the started & bat's, I only thought it was turning over fast until I put a new starter on it, and remember that you must have the front starter brace on it or you will break bolts and or the block.

Once I got new hot bats and starter and the fuel system primed and free of air leaks, never had another non start.....

next time you drive it and get it nice and hot, park it on a hill where you can roll start it, if a manual tranny that is, if it fires right up, then it's not spinning fast enough when hot, or it's time for a new IP.

DmaxMaverick
04-06-2012, 20:13
Good cold starts with difficult warm/hot starts is usually the first indicator of a failing injection pump.