PDA

View Full Version : 2000 motor>> 94 truck

phantom309
04-21-2012, 13:49
i,ve read so many conflicting reports,.

I have come a cross a real good deal on a 2000 6.5 engine,. but the truck i want to swap it into is a 94,.
what do i need to swap out? i know the 2000 is an obdII and the truck is obdI
but will the later pump work with the early computer?
thanks
Nick

Robyn
04-22-2012, 06:45
The Only differences that will be of any worries are the Injection pump and the bell housing bolts on the 2000 are metric in place of the old 3/8 standard.

I am not sure if the IP is a real issue though.

If your truck has the 5068 pump then you will need to change the chip.

Give Bill Heath or John Kennedy a shout and they can tell you what will work.

The engine itself will swap out fine.

The OBD 1 and 2 are just the electronics on the truck. The IP is pretty much the same with the same plug ins. The only real difference may be in the programing.

94 and 95 trucks used a "Prom chip" and the later trucks do not use a removable chip.

The 2000 enigne might well have a 5521 pump and unless your truck has a 5068 pump IIRC the 5521 will work.

The 5068 was the ODD DUCK

You can swap your IP to the new engine with no worries
Injectors are the same old thing as are the fuel lines.

Missy

phantom309
04-22-2012, 08:52
The Only differences that will be of any worries are the Injection pump and the bell housing bolts on the 2000 are metric in place of the old 3/8 standard.

I am not sure if the IP is a real issue though.

If your truck has the 5068 pump then you will need to change the chip.

Give Bill Heath or John Kennedy a shout and they can tell you what will work.

The engine itself will swap out fine.

The OBD 1 and 2 are just the electronics on the truck. The IP is pretty much the same with the same plug ins. The only real difference may be in the programing.

94 and 95 trucks used a "Prom chip" and the later trucks do not use a removable chip.

The 2000 engine might well have a 5521 pump and unless your truck has a 5068 pump IIRC the 5521 will work.

The 5068 was the ODD DUCK

You can swap your IP to the new engine with no worries
Injectors are the same old thing as are the fuel lines.

Missy

Thanks Missy,. good call on the metric bolts,.thanks
i was wondering if the plug was the same for the IP and if the obd1 will run it,
looks like it will,.

Nick