PDA

View Full Version : 2004 LLY starting to get hot.

SlowGrind6
05-26-2012, 15:52
I own a 2004 LLY that I bought new and is complete stock. The truck has 110,000 miles on it and it is starting to get pretty hot, the temperature hangs around 210 when just driving down the highway not towing anything at all. I reading several post about overheating issues with the LLY and seems like the the main problem is the mouthpiece and that if you buy the mouthpiece for a LBZ(part #98011738) and install it. It can reduce the overheating issue some.

Thanks for any replys.

DmaxMaverick
05-26-2012, 19:05
What you heard about the air cleaner system (mouthpiece) is correct. It helps trucks having overheat issues common to some LLY's. However, if you are just now seeing it, yours is probably not experiencing that issue. Overheating while empty/unladen just traveling down the highway is a different problem. Your truck is nearing 10 years old, and may need some maintenance. I suggest start by replacing the thermostats and cleaning the cooling stack (radiator, condenser, IC), externally. Bugs, debris and dirt can build up between them, reducing cooling capacity.

SlowGrind6
05-26-2012, 20:36
Thank you for the reply and I will clean the stack and replace the stats as well. And see if that corrects the problem.