PDA

View Full Version : New-to-me 6.5 dtc 35

sathackr
05-27-2012, 14:03
Starting a new thread as the title of the old one doesn't apply anymore.

Link to old thread: New to 6.5, getting DTCs 83, 38, 44, 87 (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=40626)

The only code I'm somewhat consistently getting now is a 35 - (Injection Pulse Width Error: Response Time Short) Doesn't set all the time but when it does its usually during stop-and-go driving.

After fixing an intake leak she's running and driving pretty decently. The wastegate solenoid is bad, so I have it bypassed for now(currently low on funds) and have installed a boost gauge to keep it in a safe range. Boost will peak at about 15psi if I really get on it, otherwise hangs out in the 2-8psi range with normal driving.

I built an ALDL interface and got GMTDscan basic going. What parameters should I start checking? Some numbers I've noticed:

Fuel rate warm idle is about 11.5mm^3 with a/c off and 13.5mm^3 with a/c on. - I read a couple of threads that seemed to indicate this was a bit high but I couldn't figure out what I should do about it.

Fuel rate at 70mph and 2200 rpm is about 25mm^3 at 5.5psi boost and 160degree IAT.

Also, what does the fuel rate describe? Is that the amount of fuel per cylinder per powerstroke? Or per revolution for all 8 cylinders? I'm hoping to calculate my fuel usage/mpg/gph without having to burn an entire tank of gas.