PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Pistons, Suburbans and Conversions

More Power
06-12-2012, 13:07
Measuring & Fitting 6.5L Diesel Pistons
Getting the Proper Fit
Learning how to use micrometers and bore gages is critical to correctly fitting pistons. This month's 6.5L engine rebuild series update discusses how I measured both pistons and cylinder bores, and shows how you can do this as well. While learning how to use these tools takes time, what follows is a primer for measuring the bores & pistons. Go here to see how it's done.

1991 Chevy K1500
Duramax Diesel Conversion
I always enjoy hearing from others who have completed or are beginning a Duramax conversion. A few months back, Jason contacted me with a few questions about his recent conversion project. Our discussion may help shed some light on a similar conversion you might be considering.

1997 Chevrolet Suburban
With a problem...

It's been a couple of years since Russ Newton acquired a 1997 6.5L diesel K2500 Suburban, and it's taken this long to return it to good condition and get it back on the road. Russ sunk what he described as an "insane" amount of money into the Suburban for a complete and professional paint job. The results are fantastic. One problem remained after all that work - an annoying vibration. Read along as Russ and I discuss the possible sources of vibration.

Now available to subscribers in the Member's Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm).