PDA

View Full Version : Injector Brand preference

65-f100
06-12-2012, 13:24
Looks like it's time for a set of injectors again and would like some input on the different brand options. The current set is a standard Bosch set from Heath. They replaced a "high-output" set from Heath prior to that. This is an around town people mover that occasionaly tows a camper. Just want good performance and decent economy.

Looking at the local options - local parts stores offer new injectors from BWD (57.99 ea), Echlin (NAPA - 48.99 ea), Delco (85.49 ea), and Delphi (76.49 ea). Has anyone had any experience with any of these? I've typically had good service from Echlin parts - but have not tried anything fuel-related. I've got commerical accounts with these places and would be able to get them cheaper than the retail prices shown, just not sure what to do. I saw on Kennedy's site that his "standard" injectors are new or reman Delphi so I figured they must be decent.

Thoughts?

More Power
06-12-2012, 14:49
I recommend acquiring injectors from an authorized fuel injection shop, whether they be local to you or via the Internet. An authorized reman shop can sell you new genuine injectors if that's your choice, or they can sell you reman'ed injectors that were rebuilt using genuine original equipment manufactured components and then tested on a test bench. Jim

greatwhite
06-12-2012, 16:37
I usually stick to Bosch original replacements from known sources.

Rebuilts can be equally fine if they come from a reputable shop that uses proper quality parts.

Personally, at only 500 bucks a set, I just skirt the whole "crap rebuilt/low quality nozzles" issue and buy new.

With New/OEM, I can expect 100,000 (or more) with a relatively peaceful mind.

If you get "burned" with a low quality nozzle on a rebuild and it goes bad somewhere in there it can cost you an engine.

Again, rebuilts can be fine, IF you get a reputable shop AND they use the right parts.

Just my .02

;)

racer55
06-12-2012, 20:32
Rock auto sells new injectors reasonable but I would still have them pop tested locally before installation in case they need adjustment.

Otherwise try site supporters like Kennedy Diesel.

Kennedy
06-13-2012, 10:18
There is so much BS out there these days it's just crazy. I don't know where the cheap parts are coming from but they are polluting the market.

In a nutshell we use genuine Bosch parts in our remans. I've seen "marine" injectors claiming to be Bosch (maybe just the bodies?) at prices lower than what we pay for parts alone...