PDA

View Full Version : Good News on Injectors

Defender
06-25-2012, 19:39
Finally, something good to report on the injector problem. I have a 2003 GMC 2500HD with 113,000 miles on it. A few weeks ago I began noticing the dreaded smoking. Finally decided to take it to the dealer. After a diagnostic, they called and said the job would be $5000. After some discussion, hte service writer said he would talk to the service manager. About an hour later he called back and said GM had agreed to cover it all except for a $500. deductible. I am one thankful and happy dude. Runs great!

DmaxMaverick
06-25-2012, 20:42
That is great. Thanks for sharing the info.

I wish GM would just come out with a policy on these, and I don't mean the previous "7 years or 200K miles" thing. It seems to be all over the board, with some getting a well deserved break, and others getting raked over the coals. Either they acknowledge the problem and make it right, or screw their customers. Later models seem to be getting much better longevity, with the exact same component principals. There has to be a simple solution to this. It would be in everyone's best interest.

Mark Rinker
06-26-2012, 07:01
The Service Mgr called GM and they probably called Obama and he said "Sure, buy him a set of new injectors."

Right? ;)

gimpyhauler
06-26-2012, 13:19
And the manufacturer (R) sells to the Obama administration the $500 worth of parts for $2500.

Right ;)

Spoolmak
06-28-2012, 10:38
And the injectors were probably sent overseas to be remanufactured in a sweatshop in Szechwan, China for ten dollars US each, shipped back to be repackaged with a 'made' in USA' label with a price of $300 each, so everyone in the supply chain is making money, except the poor guy trying to fix his engine knock. LOL!!

Supply side economics, with a 'gotta make a profit here' twist.

Tor

Defender
06-28-2012, 10:47
Whatever! I am just glad the injectors were replaced, and GM covered it. You guys feel free to pay full pop.

Spoolmak
06-28-2012, 11:36
Just poking some fun....

For the record, mine were replaced three years ago under GM warranty at zero cost to me. Like you, I was extremely happy and grateful!!!!!! At the time I did not even realize they needed doing. I had a coolant service done, and the dealership's diesel guys working on other vehicles close by, didn't like the way it sounded. They did the tests, found mega injector problems, called me to suggest they should be done, explained it would be under warranty with no cost to me, I agreed, and they did them the next day.

All good!

Tor

More Power
06-28-2012, 13:07
Whatever! I am just glad the injectors were replaced, and GM covered it. You guys feel free to pay full pop.

I think people are just posting their frustration with the injector issues they've had to deal with. Nothing toward you personally. GM covering an out of warranty replacement is rare, though it does happen occasionally when a dealership values a good customer, and the truck is not long out of warranty (or there were "pre-existing conditions"). Jim

greatwhite
06-28-2012, 15:57
This all makes me very happy a full set of 6.5 injectors can be changed out in the driveway for around 500 bucks.

Duramax injectors, scary stuff for a used truck buyer.

Then again, 7 grand to change out a tired 6.5 with a fresh one.

They got us all coming or going....:(