PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Down But Never Out

TTM
06-26-2012, 22:16
After 300k she finally blew the tranny. She's worth 4000 and and a tranny is worth 1500-2000. I'm keepin her.

In 15 years the truck has never left me, hauled the load of gravel that was way to heavy, got me and the kid to hockey, hauled countless loads of firewood, got me to work every day, pulled the toys, pulled countless people out of the snow, held me and my buddies elbows on the box while we had as few beers, heard way to many country songs, doors that have been slammed after the wife has had to come get me, ( after the game at a buddies) and a grill that has seen more wildlife than my BBQ......she has a little rust on the quarter panels, rims are a bit rusty, but her interior is clean and original. I'll get the tranny fixed, pull the batteries and park her for a few years ( oh I'll start her up and go for a drive once a in awhile) and pass her on to the kid.

I have ordered a 2013 Chev WT same as I had but a 3500. I would really like to thank all the contriubtors to the site you don't know how much you have helped me with the little in's and outs of the 6.5. John C, Dmav, Missy.....you are the gods of this engine and you should be reconized for your knowledge.

I'll be surfin the newer forums for info cause I have alot to catch up since 1994 but I will pop in to help when I can.

Thanks Guys

DmaxMaverick
06-26-2012, 22:54
No doubt. Like a good ole' huntin' dog. Just 'cuz he can't keep up with the younguns, doesn't mean you have to put him down. He earned an easy retirement. That truck will be there for you when you're ready again. My animals (and trucks) die of old age, comfortably.

Robyn
06-27-2012, 06:38
Good luck with your new rig.

Missy

JohnC
06-29-2012, 17:57
Aw, shucks...:o