PDA

View Full Version : Hiccup At Idle

Roy W
07-01-2012, 16:36
Lately my LLY with 110K has an occasional hiccup (miss) at idle, either in park or drive at a stoplight. It doesn't do it often, maybe once a day. I've never experienced it while driving down the road. Is this an indication of an impending injector problem ?? I've used Power Service at every fillup since new.

DmaxMaverick
07-01-2012, 22:37
It doesn't sound like an injector issue, but could be an injector harness issue, specifically cylinder 2 and/or 7, which is a common LLY issue (there's a recall/TSB regarding it). Injector issues can be intermittent, but not commonly only once a day.

Kennedy
07-02-2012, 06:36
My 05 had random issues with a similar "hiccup" that sounded more like a ping or detonation. Very sharp, but relatively faint and hard to distinguish. If conditions were right it would get a slurred sound and start setting codes for an injectoir bank. I had the #2 and #7 connectors done under warranty. Before I sold the truck I washed under hood thoroughly as I had been a bit lax about this. While idling with the hood to dry out it started to slur and run crappy.

I took it to my local dealer as he had worked on this before. He found a harness issue with bare wires over near the Alternator etc.