PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Suburban K2500 turbo diesel

350Tacozilla
07-10-2012, 04:41
RARE 94 chevrolet suburban 4x4 2500 (3/4 ton)
6.5 turbo diesel motor
4L80E heavy duty auto-trans
Captains chairs with console + 3rd row seat (interior is in great shape)
Power windows/locks
cruise control
front and rear AC fully recharged at time of purchase + tested for leaks (none found)
class IV hitch with RV 7 pin connector
2004 duramax aluminum wheels with 245/75/16 load range E kumho tires
3" straight pipe in place of muffler
6cd changer under seat (needs hooked back up PO removed his stereo and tv setup and re-installed factory radio)
truck will also come with full shop manual set and center caps for wheels

was getting 18-22MPG with truck city-highway,

truck has 252K on it, according to PO it had work done to it before 200K that includes:

Heads taken off and new gaskets put in
reman injection pump
sleeved coolant passages
heath diesel pmd and pmd relocation
heath diesel turbomaster waste gate actuator
Reman auto trans installed (have recipt for trans 4-21-05 $955 +labor)

bought truck and put through inspection, daily driver till few weeks ago when had stalling issue (run for distance then stall then run for couple miles and stall) at first could drive few days between problems then got to place where you can go mile or two then stalls. I replaced numerous parts trying to find problem and narrowed it down to having air in fuel lines, usually you can bleed air out of filter and truck will restart and run 100% till stalls again. I believe at this time it may need new pmd or new injection pump. I needed vehicle for commute so bought new car so truck has to go

since buying truck I have installed following new parts (less than 2k on parts)
transmission mount
batteries
alternator
fuel sending unit
fuel lift pump
remote fuel filter
remote oil filter
remote fuel cooler
fuel lines from tank to pump

also have new upper intake gasket incase have to do injection pump.truck also does have oil leak at driver side valve cover (10.99 at advance auto) and small exhaust leak

truck can be started and moved to see the trans and 4x4 function but I cannot allow test drives since truck may stall on rd. was $3800 OBO --NOW $2500 OBO

pics can be found ----> http://chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/3043486039.html