PDA

View Full Version : recurrent turn signal fuse issue

mobilevet
08-27-2012, 08:34
**Title should have read: Recurrent turn signal fuse issue

Hello,
Trying track down the problem that keeps making my turn signal fuse blow. Noticed it was blown last week (how long??) so put a new fuse in it. Lasted for a few days and then noticed was blown again. Put a new fuse in and tried various steering column locations (no problem -NP), checked all blinker bulbs (all working), looked under dash and did not see an obvious problem with any wires, have not done any repairs recently that involved the turn signals (last repair was a new oil sensor), checked trailer light plug and wires (NP), depressed brake pedal (NP)... not sure where to check next. Guess it could be the turn switch itself, but wanted to try and rule out everything else before going down that road. Any other suggestions? (I am assuming that this new fuse will blow soon) thanks

crashz
08-28-2012, 13:59
Possibly check the trailer harness/connections? I've had corrosion mess these up before.

More Power
09-10-2012, 14:10
Does the turn signal flash faster or slower on one side? Usually, if there's a higher load on one circuit, it'll change the behavior of the flash interval.

Jim