PDA

View Full Version : replaced glow plug relay and OPS now I have a fuel leak

inkmanmac
09-03-2012, 10:35
HI ALL
NEED HELP!! just replaced Glow plug relay and OPS now I have a fuel leak, Looks like underneath the Relay. Coming out real good !!. When I was taking off the nuts for the relay both studs came loose. Is there some kind of a block off plate under the relay ? looks like one ??????
don't know where this leak could be coming from..... any help is appreciated

Gerard

sctrailrider
09-03-2012, 12:32
That plate is a water block off plate, no fuel in there, those plates on both heads are so you can use the heads on either side of the block, you might need to remove them and reseal them with RTV.

A fuel leak might be from a broken line that connects just below and behind that area kinda behind the block, up to the filter somewhere.

inkmanmac
09-03-2012, 12:43
That plate is a water block off plate, no fuel in there, those plates on both heads are so you can use the heads on either side of the block, you might need to remove them and reseal them with RTV.

A fuel leak might be from a broken line that connects just below and behind that area kinda behind the block, up to the filter somewhere.

just finished, i believe it was the water block off plate, took it off cleaned it real good. Now waiting for the RTV to dry. Thanks for the help, Buddy.