PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Disaster

Edahall
09-07-2012, 09:25
What a waste of what was such a nice truck.

http://youtu.be/ZmwdLF099SA

JRM
01-28-2013, 17:36
super sad, I normally buy used rigs but these videos sure make that hard to do. Here is a ford with the same EGT's killing the engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8gOyRtys2U

DickWells
01-30-2013, 19:00
Stupid! Why would anyone, even a millionaire, deliberately waste a good machine like that? Either the Chevy or the Ford. I've always felt guilty whenever I've felt that I've abused a machine. Guess I must be a pretty dull dude, after all.

rapidoxidationman
01-30-2013, 20:52
Stupid! Why would anyone, even a millionaire, deliberately waste a good machine like that? Either the Chevy or the Ford. I've always felt guilty whenever I've felt that I've abused a machine. Guess I must be a pretty dull dude, after all.

Not dull, but I'm going to guess you had to work to get the nice things you have, like most of us here. Seeing the abuse caused by folks that have the luxury of taking things for granted does hurt the soul.

Beating on a machine is definitely a rich man's sport. which is not to say I don't enjoy giving the engine an Italian Tune up from time to time;)

DieselDavy
01-31-2013, 13:51
I'll have to ask....What is an Italian Tune up?

DickWells
02-02-2013, 20:32
:)I'm guessing that it's the "right foot" equivalent of the use of a "Mexican speed wrench" (hammer).:D?

rapidoxidationman
02-03-2013, 08:34
Every now and then you've got to drive it like you stole it... Can't let those variable geometry turbo vanes get stuck in a rut;)

The Tdi I used to have practically REQUIRED that the engine get worked hard on a regular basis - the intake manifold tended to clog up if the engine was babied.

Mark Rinker
02-04-2013, 14:58
I don't understand that either. The high performance boaters seem to wear blown engines like a badge of honor...to the tune of 15K a 'pop'...

rapidoxidationman
02-04-2013, 20:26
I don't understand that either. The high performance boaters seem to wear blown engines like a badge of honor...to the tune of 15K a 'pop'...

You never use the full travel of the go pedal?

On the contrary - my remarks were that the truck performed flawlessly in the fuel delivery department, despite a heavy mountainous thrashing in frigid temps.
etc

;)

oops... Maybe you were talking about the OP...:o