PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware

9365turbo
09-12-2012, 19:04
I won a ebay auction to have my LB7 injectors rebuilt be Real Diesel injection service in mocksville NC. Well its been a month almost and no injectors. I filed a case with ebay and a fraud case with my police department. I talked with a gal at PINA diesel in Mocksville. As soon as I mention Real diesel. She said you didnt give them any money did you. I yes plus my injectors. She said its a scam, been going on for 8 years. I know I'm not the first guy ripped off by these folks,but thought I would let people know about them. Will I ever see my injectors again I dont know. I hope so. So if your think about buying anything from Real Diesel. Dont. If there are any page members that live in this area of NC. Feel free to stop by 3045 US Highway 601 N and spit in there wheaties.

Kennedy
09-13-2012, 07:06
:confused: I guess sometimes maybe I try too hard.

Anyhow sorry to hear that and hope you somehow get resolution.

9365turbo
09-13-2012, 20:04
Kenndy you and Jim keep telling people about the risks of buying something as important as injectors off ebay. I wish I would have listened. If I get anything back from this deal I will be surprised. Thanks

Kennedy
09-14-2012, 07:06
There's way too much BS out there INCLUDING shops playing on words like Bosch reman or reman Bosch. This includes some that claim that Bosch plays unfair. The reality is that few if any of even Bosch's Premier shops are doing these themselves due to cost, risk, parts availability, etc and that's even after spending in the neighborhood of $750k in test equipment. What you will see is that these shops will typically "fix" a random injector or two that have a known issue but even then it's mostly the LLY+ that they are doing and the LB7's get a full set.

9365turbo
09-18-2012, 12:15
Well ebay payed me back for the auction. To bad the scammer still has my injectors. Now if I could only find remans for $1000.00 no core charge. I know thats wishfull thinking.

More Power
09-18-2012, 14:59
Sorry to hear about this... It would be nice if eBay boots them, but vendors like this usually just change their names and web site URLs, then start over looking for more unsuspecting buyers. There's been a used/rebuilt 6.5 vendor doing this for years. Once their reputation goes south, they change their name and web site URL, and start over. Same guys, different set of unhappy buyers.

Jim

9365turbo
09-18-2012, 19:05
So true Jim. This guy has had 10 different ebay names since 2001. To bad hard working people just trying to save a dollar are the ones that get burned. Now to find a good honest deal on injectors. So far I have found these places with low core charges. GMpartsdirect.com partszoneonline.com and Kennedy Now Im just waiting to here from my bank so I can buy from someone. I would also like to look in to a lift pump and extra filtration.

rapidoxidationman
09-18-2012, 20:40
So true Jim. This guy has had 10 different ebay names since 2001. To bad hard working people just trying to save a dollar are the ones that get burned. Now to find a good honest deal on injectors. So far I have found these places with low core charges. GMpartsdirect.com partszoneonline.com and Kennedy Now Im just waiting to here from my bank so I can buy from someone. I would also like to look in to a lift pump and extra filtration.

You seriously have a question on which of the three to buy from???

Hint: One of these has been on this board for pretty much as long as it has been in existence... and will answer the phone when you call.

cowboywildbill
09-19-2012, 06:34
You seriously have a question on which of the three to buy from???

Hint: One of these has been on this board for pretty much as long as it has been in existence... and will answer the phone when you call.

What ? A real live person on the other end of the phone?
I forgot how to talk to a live person that speaks English no less. Press one for @#@$%.
LOL. John is the Man we are lucky to have him here, even if he doesn't have a computer phone system to talk to us. LOL
Hope you get your injectors back.

9365turbo
09-19-2012, 20:59
Thanks for all the good thoughts on injector mess. Since I have to buy all new injectors whats everybodys thoughts on adding a lift pump and more filtration? My truck is basically stock except for exhaust and air intake.

Kennedy
09-20-2012, 06:12
My thoughts are that if you don't do it you'll undoubtedly end up changing injectors at the same or even shorter interval again.

9365turbo
09-20-2012, 13:20
Which lift pump is best to go with?

Kennedy
09-21-2012, 07:02
I prefer the Twin pumps in all cases. Not because it is necessary to keep up. Heck I have twin on my 2002 and it's over 1000RWHP on fuel. More for the added push to help overcome restriction in the system especially as the filter loads up.

9365turbo
09-22-2012, 21:08
Would having a in cab fuel gauge be worth having?

9365turbo
09-24-2012, 06:04
Sorry ment to say. Fuel Pressure gauge be worth it?

Kennedy
09-24-2012, 08:36
Depends if running a lift pump or not. Personally I say no. I have not added this to anything but my 2002 and that is because it is used in competition.

It will be difficult if not impossible to match the accuracy and resolution of my "tool" type gauge with direct mount. To accurately measure restriction pumps need to be stopped and measure the suction side. Doing this periodically (at fill up etc) is simple and easy to do PLUS if you own more than one vehicle, know somebody with a Dmax or encounter someone having trouble on the road it's a simple snap coupling and test.

9365turbo
09-24-2012, 08:59
Thanks. I'll Just go with a pyro and a boost gauge. I ordered the lift pump and mega filter from you this morning.