PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Exhaust!!!

sturgeon-phish
09-26-2005, 14:23
Finally after saving for about a year, I saved enough to order a Kennedy Exhaust. :D :D Can't wait to get it on. A friend is already lined up to help.
I'll keep you posted! :D :D :D
Jim

gmenor
09-26-2005, 15:51
You will be definitely satisfied with it.

Dvldog 8793
09-26-2005, 17:51
Howdy
The only issue that I had with the exhaust is the down pipe rubbing on the firewallupper floor board in reverse. It only happens when I goose it in reverse. you might want to try to dent any close contact areas. Also be carefull removeing/installing the downpipe-to-turbo clamp as it is stainless and will strip easily.
Other than that the kit was a short day install for one person. EXCELLENT kit!
Hope this helps!
L8r
Conley

Kennedy
09-27-2005, 04:38
And inspect motor mount condition. Keep in mind that the flange at the turbo is omewhat of a ball type joint that will allow you topivot the downpipe on it slightly. The V clamp is the last thing that I tighten. I snug it up then twist the pipe a bit to loosen it up and allow movement.

What Conley recommended is also a plus. There is a pinch seam where the floor meets the firewall and the tab is spot welded together. I lay this flat with a hammer as it can get close on some vehicles.

sturgeon-phish
09-29-2005, 17:06
Exhaust delivered today. Looks great. Next free day, several days away, got to wait till then to put it on.

sturgeon-phish
10-02-2005, 16:01
Got the exhaust installed. MUCH easier than I even hoped for! smile.gif Fit like a glove, only modification was shortening one pipe. Connectors, hangers all first quality. Start to finish about six hours. Took extra time to ensure clearance. I can see where a larger diameter would be a big hassle to install. I took my wife for a drive and she did not think it was much louder than my original exhaust, this was a big concern. But wow what a difference in acceleration. Turbo whistle so sweet :cool:
Thanks John for a great product!

markrinker
10-03-2005, 03:25
So how long before you do gauges and chip it?

sturgeon-phish
10-03-2005, 03:29
Already saving $$$$.