PDA

View Full Version : Deleting error codes

big max
09-19-2012, 18:02
OnStar listed a B0103 code for my 2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. If I replace the front crash sensor myself, will the code clear itself or do I need to have the dealership erase it. The fellow at OnStar said he could not clear the code.

Ed

DmaxMaverick
09-19-2012, 19:01
The code will clear after the error is corrected. It may take some time (start/warmup cycles). If it's the only code and doesn't affect drivability, you can just wait for it to clear itself. Most body codes will often clear immediately, once corrected.

Be VERY careful messing with the sensors, or ANY of the SRS system. Pull the fuse AND disconnect the batteries first. Any of the SRS components in the system will be bright YELLOW, and/or have YELLOW connectors.

If you disconnect each of the Batt+ and/or - terminals, you can connect one cable end to the opposite cable polarity (short the cable terminal ONLY--DO NOT short the battery post terminals, and ONLY if BOTH batteries are disconnected). This will reset the computer while you perform the repair. Normally, the reset takes about 30 minutes, so be sure to give it that much time.

big max
09-20-2012, 09:32
DmaxMaverick

Thanks a lot for the reply and advice. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to contribute to the dealers Pension Plan again.

Ed

DmaxMaverick
09-20-2012, 09:52
The sensors rarely fail. What indications do you have, other than the code, pointing to the sensor?

big max
09-21-2012, 07:54
I had removed the front sensor, checked for corrosion on contacts and ground, checked for bad wiring, all seemed well. Did I miss anything.

Ed