PDA

View Full Version : Bed Rail Protectors

JohnnyR
09-26-2012, 19:37
Just bought 2012 Chevy 3500HD 4WD crewcab. Came with the bed rail protectors. Are the pieces over the stake holes removable. The look like plastic inserts over the stake holes but they didn't move when i tried prying on them. I quit before I did any damage. Are they removable/replaceble or must one cut them out. Would like to remove the rear most ones so I have something to grab when crawling up on the tailgate.

Kennedy
09-27-2012, 06:22
I would sure think that they are removeable. In fact I messed with one on a dealer lot once and it popped out, but I couldn't get it back in correctly.

Personally, I prefer the Linex type liner sprayed over the rails. The caps collect debris and chafe the paint where the spray in type seal tight.

JohnnyR
09-27-2012, 13:24
Last 3 trucks were sprayed over the rail. Had it sprayed under the rail yesterday. Will see how I like it. As I said, biggest pain is just getting into the back of truck with tailgate open. There's nothing to grab unless the stake hole is open. thought Ford's new step and handle in tailgate was kinda dorky....until now.