PDA

View Full Version : Bone stock 2009 LMM going the distance

Mark Rinker
10-11-2012, 07:35
Just a quick check-in from the road on the final 6000+ mile thrash for a few snowbird boats down to Florida from the Great Lakes region.

This truck is my favorite so far - best ride, best stock power, best towing/unloaded overall average mileage of 11+mpg (yes even with DPF intact), least amount of maintenance required at nearly 150K towing and snowplowing miles;

brakes still have about 25% pad remaining, good even rotor wear;
factory serpentine belt and all belt driven accessories;
10K oil change intervals with Mobil Delvac black jug
third set of tires just installed
A few P00087s last summer in hot conditions where fuel thins out and can't maintain rail pressure - easily reset on the fly with handheld and keep on rockin'.

135K towing miles since August 2010. Hasn't given me a problem since. Oil, filters, tires, drivetrain fluids, two new batteries, wrecked/repaired...its my office and my livelihood.

Like a rock

richp
10-11-2012, 12:13
Hi Mark,

Nice to hear about someone else having good luck with their LMM.

I'm only a bit over 70k, but I tow a 12.5k fiver about half the time. And as you say, even with the afterburner I'm pretty happy with how fuel economy has turned out after it was broken in.

My brakes are fine and I'm about halfway through my second set of tires, but otherwise it's perking right along. There are days I wish GC hadn't made the cabin smaller than in my '01, and had not changed seat style. But for the most part it's been a nice improvement on my LB7.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Mark Rinker
10-14-2012, 05:55
Of course I write this and then head out on a trip...and guess what happens?

That clippy thing that holds the visor in place snapped off. ;)

a5150nut
10-15-2012, 05:30
Of course I write this and then head out on a trip...and guess what happens?

That clippy thing that holds the visor in place snapped off. ;)

Must have parked next to a Dodge last nite didn't you !! :D