PDA

View Full Version : Engine stand

Tofewtoes
09-26-2005, 20:36
I know that the 6.5L is about 1000 to 1200 pounds in weight. When I pulled my engine last week, I got a good look at the size of the bellhousing bolts on the back of the engine. I need to get a new engine stand and my question is, will those small bolts hold this engine on the stand without breaking?

I would really hate to put it on the stand and have the engine hit the floor the first time I try to turn it over!

(pray for me, I'm going to look at the mains!)

Cowracer
09-27-2005, 04:26
Yes. I had mine, fully dressed with Water and Inj. pumps, all three manifolds, turbo and basically everything but the fan and fuel filter sitting on mine for quite a while.

I tried a 1500# stand first and it bent up pretty good, I went to a 2000# stand from Harbor Freight and while springy, it held up nicely.

Heres a link to what I bought Engine Stand (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=4420)

Tim

john8662
09-27-2005, 09:33
Go get yourself grade 8 bolts for the project, your toes will almost certainly appreciate the added insurance.

Cowracer
09-27-2005, 11:03
Originally posted by john8662:
Go get yourself grade 8 bolts for the project, your toes will almost certainly appreciate the added insurance. 'zactly! Forgot to mention that...

Tim