PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Moline,IL area ??????

sctrailrider
10-31-2012, 15:56
Mods, I'm not sure where to post this so move it if needed...

We are taking a little trip from Spartanburg,SC to Moline,IL for Thanksgiving this year, the better half is from there.....

I would like to see if anyone in the Moline,IL area has a Snap on MT1480 that could help me check and set my timing on the new motor.

We will be there until that Sunday then heading back to SC, if anyone can help PM me and we will see if we can meet up for a visit......

And if anyone lives in the area and you don't have the timing tool, maybe we could meet anyway for a coffee.....

JohnC
11-01-2012, 14:46
You can use a Tech II or a Tech II clone, too...

sctrailrider
11-01-2012, 15:06
You can use a Tech II or a Tech II clone, too...

I didn't think those would work with a truck with no ECM???

DmaxMaverick
11-01-2012, 15:51
I didn't think those would work with a truck with no ECM???

If you can set your timing via scanner, you have an ECM. If you have a DS4 pump, you have an ECM. If you have a smog system equipped engine, you have an ECM. The preferred method is Tech II, but other compatible scanners (Snap-On, Sun, etc.) can do what's needed, most of the time (the reason why the Tech II is preferred).

However, you have a DB2 pump, so no computer control, and no computer interface. Your timing is manually adjusted.

sctrailrider
11-01-2012, 16:16
Yep, that is what I thought..... My 91 doesn't have anything electronic, I like the manual systems.....

JohnC
11-02-2012, 14:28
My bad.... didn't pay close enough attention to the details. I was thinking you were looking for the Snap-on Tech II replacement. Isn't there an inexpensive piezoelectric trigger available for a stroboscopic timing light?