PDA

View Full Version : battery drain grimlin

Larry93
11-02-2012, 16:27
The dreaded drain is back or never went away.Done the battery tests, charged separtaly.checked all the things from previous post searches.I see it has popped up in the past but no real cure that I have seen/. 03 d max with 85000 miles.new inj.and helwig sway bars original owner.. Thanks Larry

Kennedy
11-05-2012, 08:51
Mine have always done this if parked for weeks, but got really bad after a couple of years of repeated slow draining. New batteries fixed it. Keeping a battery tender on during down time has prevented it from recurring.

More Power
11-05-2012, 16:46
The various computer modules and security system remain active with the ignition key off. So, there's a constant power drain that will cause the batteries to go flat over time (in a few months). Like John mentioned, use of a battery tender is the best advice if your truck sits for more than a couple weeks at a time.

Jim

Larry93
11-06-2012, 08:32
Thanks for the reply. I did the maintainer thing and I'm sure it will work. Just hate to not cure the problem out right. Thought I might unhook the on star to see if that was it just for the heck of it. On star has not worked since the digital phonr system went into effect,thanks GM

GM Customer Service
11-07-2012, 13:58
Thanks for the reply. I did the maintainer thing and I'm sure it will work. Just hate to not cure the problem out right. Thought I might unhook the on star to see if that was it just for the heck of it. On star has not worked since the digital phonr system went into effect,thanks GM

Larry93,

I apologize that your OnStar has not been working since the digital phone. Have you talked to your GM dealer regarding your concern? Please feel free to let me know if you have any question, comments or concerns.

Thank you,

Tina
GM Customer Service