PDA

View Full Version : will not start!!!!!!!

mshawnm109r
11-03-2012, 21:45
the fuel was low i shut it off and then it will not start. i thought i ran it to low so i put diesel in her and still no start. primed the filter made sure diesel was going to the ip and still nothing, i primed the pump because maybe it got air in it. still nothing coming out. i made sure to shut off silinoid was working with a full 12v to her. still nothing i pulled the shut off silinoid cover and there is fuel it there but still nothing what next im stuck. please help i miss my jimmyk5
micah

DmaxMaverick
11-03-2012, 22:34
Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like your IP is airlocked, and/or your lift pump isn't working. The IP will allow it to run w/o a lift pump (with some side effects), but it will not self-prime. Check your lift pump. If the weep hole is wet with fuel, it is bad. If it isn't wet, it might be.

mshawnm109r
11-04-2012, 17:50
ok i dont have fuel leaking out the weep hole and i it very strong pressure to the ip the return from the ip doesnt have fuel coming out of it. was wondering if the shut off siliniod the linkage on the inside how does it work to shut off the fuel? i removed the gps today and spun it over all day long still nothing. please advise
micah

BigGun J
11-04-2012, 21:39
If the glow plugs have been removed and you turn it over and no vapor comes out then you are not pushing fuel. I had a great idea for a security device and I had a switch inline of the fuel solinoid and the fuel pump popped the supply line off the IP. My guess is a bad fuel pump.

Jim

mshawnm109r
11-05-2012, 19:43
what should the pressure be to the ip anybody know. all i did to test it was to pull it off the filter fm80 outlet to the ip and spin it over and it shot fuel veery strong. i dont have the specs to check the fuel pump. im sure someone has posted it on here somewhere. also what inline pump can i use ( part number would be nice) to replace the machanical pump. i also what to block of the place where the fuel pump gos. can i use a regular 350 block off plate?
thank for all the help and for all who is reading this i love this truck and it is in great shape no rust anywhere. original engine and trans. thank again.

micah

mshawnm109r
12-02-2012, 17:50
well ive pulled the glow plugs,rtested fuel pressure aired for air leaks still nothing i was wondering is there a screen on the inlet side of the ip could it be stopped up? pressure coming out of thr filter to the pump was 7 psi and still no fuel coming out of the return on the top of the pump ...pulling to top off and manual opened the valve still nothing. could it be the pump??? it gave no warning... it was driving fine plenty of power i shut it off and then it would not start.. when i did try to start it it started and acted like it was running out of fuel. it died and never hit again... put gas on a rag.. it will start on run as long as gas stays on the rag.